I am honored to be hosting the first My Legume Love Affair of 2012, the popular legume-focused blog event created by Susan of The Well-Seasoned Cook. I am so glad to be hosting this month in particular. Like most people, I eat too much rich and sweet food over the holidays and by January, I am ready for lighter, more nutritious fare. Legumes are the first post-holiday food I turn to.
Legumes include a wide variety of beans, lentils, dal, peas, seeds also known as pulses, and their edible pods. Peanuts are legumes, as are tamarind, carob and fenugreek. For this event, foods derived from legumes such as tofu and besan also qualify. Whatever your chosen legume, please make sure that it is a main ingredient; a mere spoonful isn't enough legume love here.
All courses and cuisines are welcome, and even though this is a vegan blog I’m not restricting entries to vegan or vegetarian ones. You can submit up to 10 recipes for this event (but only one will be counted toward the random drawing for prizes.) If you have any older recipes you would like to enter, please update and repost them during this month to qualify. You an also send recipes entered here to other events, assuming they meet the other event's rules of course. Recipes from those of you without a blog are also welcome.
Use of the MLLA logo is optional; if you like, here is a smaller version of the one above for your sidebar.
Please mention My Legume Love Affair in your post and link it to this announcement and Susan's host line up.
Email your entries to me at cdmcculloch7 [at] gmail [dot] com with MLLA 43 in the subject line and include:
- Your name.
- The name of your blog.
- Your recipe title.
- The URL of your blog post that includes the recipe.
- Your location. This is necessary for the prize drawing, but I will not be publishing locations in the roundup.
- A photo (optional). You can resize your photo to 400 x 300 pixels (either landscape or portrait) or I can do it for you. If you don't send me a photo, I'll grab one from your blog post.
I will post the round up during the first week in February.
And now for the prizes! These will be chosen by random drawing among all the entries except mine and Susan's, as we don't qualify. Only your first entry in MLLA 43 counts towards the prize drawing.
- The 2012 Chile Peppers Wall Calendar - This prize is offered by Susan without influence at her expense, and she will also absorb worldwide shipping charges. F.T.C. Notice: Susan does not receive any compensation from Amazon.
- Hurst Bean Box - A case of six bags of the winner's choice of Hurst Bean products, suitable for every diet, sponsored by Hurst Bean. (Due to shipping restrictions, this prize can only be awarded if the winner is a U.S. resident.) F.T.C. Notice: In May 2010, Susan, at her request, received two Hurst Bean complimentary products which are not available for purchase in her local markets. Susan does not generally accept free products from Hurst Bean nor is she financially compensated by them.
- Drawing Structure - If the winner is a U.S. resident, she/he will be the recipient of both Prizes 1 and 2 above. In the event that an international winner is drawn, a second drawing will be conducted from the U.S. pool of entrants to ensure that the Hurst Prize is awarded every month. In these instances, the international winner will receive the book, and the U.S. winner will receive the Hurst Prize.